Thursday, October 14, 2010

MotherHood

MOTHERHOOD

Motherhood is a great thing. It comes natural to most of us and most of us have been blessed to bear children. However, I don't believe you must give birth to a child to be a mother. I know many adoptive mothers that are AMAZING and sometimes even better than those who gave birth to their own children. But anywho...

Motherhood is a great blessing. Even during those times when we think we are going to lose it and want to break something against a wall. It's still great for it teaches us patience, endurance, and faith that it will all be ok. Because when the anger is gone and we look into the eyes of our little babies, all our bad feelings disappear.

My mom lives with me as many of you know and she helps me with eko sometimes like when I'm in the shower and eko is knocking on my bathroom door telling me he wants milk. Well today she left on a two week vacation to Honduras so I'll be on my own with Eko and his cousin Emy, they are both 3. And on monday I'll have the two 3 year olds and my mother's 1 month old all day. This will be my practice to see how I can do it with a newborn and preschoolers running around. Wish me luck.

So why am I thinking about being a mother. Because Eko makes me feel like the greatest mother, even after I just finished punishing him he still tells me he loves me and that i'm just best friend. I wish I was that forgiving and as great of a mother and he thinks I am. But I am truly blessed to have him by my side. Hope you all have moments like this when you just HAVE TO say thank you to the Lord for the little angels in your arms.

No comments: