Wednesday, August 3, 2011

catching up on life

Sooo I haven't blogged lately but my sister keeps telling me to update my blog and since she is one of the few that reads it then i decided to updated it.

not much happening here in good old texas, its HOT. sometimes as much as 118 so i try to stay inside as much as i can. I have a pool outside but its too hot to be out there so i only go in the mornings once every few weeks and therefore, I'M WHITE which is not normal for summers for me. Mark is still loving his job cause he gets to play doctor all day long and get payed for it. he has some pretty funny stories from there too. they use to feed them lunch every day but they have stopped that so he was a little sad about that.

Eko finished his first soccer league season. Their team was undefeated and won every game 8 out of 8. eko was sooo proud and so happy cause after every game he got a shake. He only scored a goal on his first game and he said that was good enough for him. he did score one other time but they didn't count it cause right before he kicked the ball in one of the kids tried to touch it so they didn't count it but they still won. He LOVES his trophy and won't let anyone touch it but will show it to anyone that comes through the door. He says he CAN'T wait to play again but that probably won't be till winter so he can play with some of the same teammates.
eko and mark's new thing is to match ALL THE TIME. It's cute and fun but it drives me crazy cause since i have limited clothes to wear right now i end up not matching or eko says "But mom, we just wore that the other day, get new clothes." if it was only that easy. But its sooo cute to see them matching clothes specially on sundays. on regular days they both just end up wearing green cause eko loves green and both of them have tons of green shirts. I DON'T.
My belly.....It's HUGE!!! I feel so bad for eko cause he can't hug me any more. he told me the other day "mom, when is eva coming out so i can hug you normal again, so you can play with me on the floor without pain and so that you can be skinny" lol. smart boy. if it was up to me she would be out but she will be by the end of the month so just a few more weeks.
So a few weeks ago, mark showed eko how to dive for sticks. well two days later eko was swimming and eko goes "mommy, look what i showed myself how to do!" and he started swimming UNDER WATER. all by himself, it took me years to teach myself how to hold my breath for long enough to swim under water, eko does it like if he was a fish. So mark wants to put eko in swimming lessons in september so next year when he is 5 he can be in a swimming team. He already knows how to swim above water, under water, and dive for toys but he needs to learn how to swim on his back and float better and then he will be ready. I'm so glad he is a great swimmer cause his mommy is ok but not the best. mark was a lifeguard for years tho so i guess he got it from him. Hope you can see the video below.

1 comment:

Karla said...

haha, it is funny that Eko is the smallest, and darkest kid on his soccer team.